Friday, September 16, 2011

And the Spirit of God Moved

Genesis 1:2-And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Before God created anything, He first had to have a willing vessel. Here we see that the most beautiful creation started off being without form and void. Here we see that the most long-lasting, beautiful creation started off being without form and void. Here we see that the most diverse items of all creation started off being without form and void.
It is interesting to note that the earth had no pre-conceived ideas about how to be formed. It did not trust that how it was before God started moving on it was how it was going to stay. As the perfect vessel, the earth yeilded to the Word of God, accepted it as the final authority over it's being and allowed His Spirit to fully reign over it.
Dear reader, when we come to Jesus, most of us come with a broken life, broken heart, broken dreams and broken ambitions. We receive His forgiveness and walk away from the altar a new creature in Christ Jesus. However, I dare to say that 95% of all born again Christians refuse to allow God free reign to create in us His Holy Presence. We demand that He use the broken parts of us that are not healed. We refuse to be re-created by holding on the old habits and the stinking ideas that got us into the mess we were in.
Revival comes when a vessel comes to Jesus and says, "Jesus, mold me the way I should be molded." Then watch out for change. "Jesus, use me in the way You want me to be used." Then watch out for change. "Jesus, I realize that you have a plan for me that is way beyond anything that I can comprehend. I give you free reign to re-arrange my life any way You want to." Then watch out for change.
The change that comes is "REVIVAL." The change that comes is lives being changed by the power of an unhindered Spirit healing other broken lives.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Henry, I LOVE how the way you explain things make it so easy to understand!! I'm telling my friends to follow this blog too!! It's like a little bit of church everyday. Now if you can upload some video of you singing praises, I'd never leave the computer!

    ReplyDelete

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...