Saturday, July 7, 2012

That Is Totally Uncalled For

I know that everyone has had things that have happened to them that we could classify as TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR. Friends have wronged us. Relatives have wronged us. Life itself by it's very sinful nature is going to wrong us time and time again.


I've been in one of those funks for several months. You've probably been there, yourself. As hard as I try, either present 'uncalled fors' or a myriad of past 'uncalled fors' come buzzing around to tear my mind up. For all of you grammar buffs I know that I just wrote a no-no twice. But, folks when doo-doo is thrown on you, you step in it and can't shake it off and you have to smell it while others around you smell good, you could care less about correct grammar. Can I get a witness?


During my worship time this morning, I was listening to Jeremy Camp sing 'Overcome.' I began to think about the sacrifice that Jesus made for all of us. The rejection, the envy, the hatred, His arrest, the crown of thorns, the lashes, and the cross were totally uncalled for. Or were they? 


Yes, they were called for. My sins called for His blood to be shed. He didn't deserve to die, I did. He did the hard part. He took all the disrespect and pain that the world could ever inflict for one reason, to free a sinful world of everything that was totally uncalled for.


The answer is in the Word of God repeated several times in that song. "We shall overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony." You know, He did the hard part and left us the easy part to do. We can ALL overcome by the word of our testimony. Let His Word and not our worry be on our lips. Let His Word change whatever is wrong in our lives today. It really is the easiest part.

1 comment:

  1. Henry, I am soooo feeling you concerning these "uncalled fors" lol. This blog is very encouraging and right all by itself. I was in that "funk" myself for a good little bit but once I realized what Jesus did for me and how the Father forgives me on a daily basis for how I hurt Him, I couldn't do anything else but to let those people go. Praise God for the Word. Be blessed! - Keisha L.

    ReplyDelete

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...