Monday, October 24, 2011

The President Is Standing On The Word Of God

     Yes, he is.  I have NO doubt in my mind about it.  Albert Pujols is standing on the Word of God.  The pope is standing on the Word of God.  I am standing on the Word of God.  I trust that you are standing on the Word of God.  Are you or aren't you?  Are they or aren't they?
     Dt 11:26--Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
     27--A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
     28--And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
By their actions and decisions, EVERYONE makes a choice of either blessing or cursing.
    
     In Matthew's gospel the seventh chapter, Jesus declares that those that hear His words and does them is like a man that built his house upon a rock.  Storms came and the house stood.  He went on to say that those that heard His words and DIDN'T do them, is like a man that built his house on the sand.  When the storms came, his house fell.

     So, everyone, whether they claim to be Christians or not has a choice to make.  Listen to God and be blessed.  Ignore God and be cursed.  I cannot find anywhere in His Word where He leaves ANY middle ground.  That's because there is none.  Christians, we ought to take these Words of His to heart and frame our prayers around them.

     Let me share one more scripture before I explain.  Numbers 32:23--But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.  This is the warning that Joshua gave to the children of Israel as they began to conquer and inhabit the promised land.  This has, also, become a framework for my prayers.  As I pray over our rulers and legislators, I remind God that He said that their sins will find them out.  I consider this extremely necessary because of the corruption in our government.  I find it even more necessary as I pray over the upcoming presidential election.  There is so much talk of the media 'vetting' the candidates.  That is, getting all their good stuff and bad stuff out in the open so everyone can see.  Well, my prayer is that God will also do His 'vetting.'  However, I pray that prayer over all of those who exercise rule and authority over us.

     Dt. 11--EVERYBODY has chosen to be blessed or cursed.  Mt 7--EVERYBODY has chosen to build their house either on the solid rock or on shifting sand.  I stand before God early in the morning and throughout the day and pray as He commanded in Mt 6.  God, let YOUR kingdom come and YOUR will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...