Monday, January 31, 2011

Sample John 15 Prayer

My Father, according to the way that Jesus taught us to pray in Matthew the 6th chapter, I declare you to be Lord over my life and the Lord over everything that touches my life to day.  Let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done in my life and the life of my family today.  According to John 15, Father be the husbandman in my life throughout this day.  Prune out of my life the things that You see that are not beneficial to me.  Father, I am going to trust You in what You bring my way.  I am not the blazing success that Your Word declares me to be.  Obviously, I am not smart enough to know what to do.  Therefore I yield myself to Your Lordship and ask you to bring me into Your perfect will according to Your Word.
Father, I desire Your fruit to grow in my life.  According to Galatians  5, I desire Your love, Your joy and Your peace to rule me in all that I do, think and say.  Help me to be as sweet as You are.  Help me to be gentle instead of rough.  Let others see Your goodness in me and strengthen me as I trust You today.  Help me to control those things inside of me that are not like You. 
I realize that fruit will not come unless I begin to flow with Your presence.  Help me change my thought process from whatever it is now to a thought process filled with praise and worship to You.  Walk with me throughout this day and help me to sense Your presence.  Help me to have a hymn of praise and worship stirring my soul throughout this day.

Today, my heart will sing:
I'm Yours, Lord, everything I've got
Everything I am, and everything I'm not
I'm Yours, Lord, try me now and see
See if I will be completely Yours

Father, help me throughout this day to sense when there is an opportunity to reach someone for You.  Help me to keep my old nature in the background and let Your nature shine through me.  Shine through me in such a way that they will fall in love with You as I have.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...