Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pray for Brett

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I received a comment from Brett concerning this blog.  He is a businessman who lives in another country.  He has been a fully committed Christian for over 20 years and ministers extensively to the poor and those in prison.  However, for the past 5 years, Brett has been under an especially rough set of circumstances that really need to come to an end.  I share Brett's burden because I, too, have had an unusually long and arduous road to travel the past several years.  We are not alone.  There are many of you that are experiencing some of the same things that we are.  Last week, especially, was rough for me and I let God know in no uncertain terms just what I thought of His plan for my life so far.  You know what?  God's got big shoulders and can handle anything you say.  No, the waters didn't part and my enemies are still alive and well, much to my dismay.
In 2 Corinthians 12, Paul talks about his thorn in the flesh.  Many folks argue about what it was.  If you're one of them, please give it up and read the rest of that verse before you open your mouth one more time.  It specifically says, that the messenger of satan was always there to buffet him.  In other words, everywhere Paul went, somebody stirred up trouble for him because he preached the Word of God so effectively.  Folks, if you are a woose then the devil will leave you alone.  But, if you are serious about carrying the cross, you need to understand that all things aren't going to look good all of the time.  (I hate that.  I'm going through some rough stuff that hasn't looked good in a while.  But, I gotta preach on because it's the truth.)  Paul said, in the next couple of verses that he asked God three times to squash satan and all of his aggravating angels so he could be more effective and wouldn't have to hurt so much.  God did not answer except to say that His grace was enough for Paul.  I have to accept the same answer.

Joseph's brothers played an evil, evil trick on him that lasted, some say for over 14 years.  It took Joseph into slavery which he didn't deserve and into a jail cell which he didn't deserve.  Fast forward a time when his brother's plead for their lives and we find Joseph's answer in Gen 50:20--But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.  That sounds like the verse Paul wrote in Romans 8 about all things working together for our good if we stay in love with God.  Folks, we walk through some strange valleys of the shadow of death.  Just like Brett, right now at this point in time, I am ready for my heartache to be over with.  The fight has been rough and has taken it's toll.

Let's lift each other up in prayer throughout these days of hardship and trial.  We're on the same team and going for the same goal.  Brett and others, like Joseph, God has meant this for good.  We're just waiting for our promotion.  Much love, Henry.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Henry. You are in my prayers as well.

    cheers

    Brett

    ReplyDelete

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...