Friday, December 18, 2015

What Has God Called You To Do?

Romans 1:1--KJV--Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, CALLED TO BE AN APOSTLE

Paul was not only a bond servant to Jesus Christ, from the moment of his conversion, God made it evident that he was going to carry God's word to the Gentiles and to kings as well as to the children of Israel.

Even though Paul immediately preached in the synagogues in Damascus, he went down to Arabia for three years.There he sought the Lord. By his own admission in Galatians 1:11-12, Paul was taught the doctrine he preached by direct revelation from Jesus Christ. That beats anything taught in theology schools today.

I don't know what God has called you to do. Maybe you don't either. And, there are times that I'm not sure that I'm doing the very thing that God wants me to do. I have pastored, taught, lead worship, evangelized and sat on the bench. Although I teach and I'm on the worship team of the church I now attend, I can't really say that this is what I am called to do. I do it heartily but is it what the heart of God really wants me to do. I'm not sure. But of this one thing I AM sure. I'll continue to do what I am doing until He tells me to do otherwise.

Even if you are actively serving God in some official capacity, it wouldn't hurt to come before the Lord several times a week and ask God to confirm your calling. There are gifts that God would like to see manifested on this earth. But, if we have our hard-headed minds set on just one thing then we might be missing the greatest journey of all. And that's living in the very middle of God's will for our lives.

Is what you're doing for the Lord right now challenging or a bore? Does it excite you to greet a new day? If you're dragging from one church service to another, you might need to check up on your calling.

Paul spent those three years in Arabia seeking hard after the Lord Jesus Christ. He already had the best theological education that could be acquired. However, knowledge without an up-to-date relationship with the Master is empty and boring. Let's seek after the presence and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Add the power of God to His Word that is resident inside of us. Then wait on Him to put us into a ministry.

Recap: Paul spent three years seeking God in Arabia. He spent four years in his home town of Tarsus just worshiping. He spent six years at Antioch just teaching and helping out. AND THEN, God set him into the ministry. When God calls, He qualifies and trains before He sets someone into a ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...