Monday, November 2, 2015

Father, I Thank You that You Have Heard Me.

John 11:40-42--NIV--Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?" 41--So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42--"I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me."

Jesus says some incredible things here. AND, He's about to do some incredible things. He's not doing it to show off. He's not trying to be flashy as some televangelists would and are doing today.

He is simply trying to get the people to understand that God, the Father, really did send Him. That is crucial to their salvation. They have got to believe that He was the Messiah, the Son of the Living God. They've got to believe that Jesus is on a mission to die on a cross and rise again according to God's perfect plan for all mankind.

Still we have some great faith and prayer lessons. #1--Jesus, in verse 42 states a truth, not only for Himself but for all of those that call upon God through His name. "I knew that You always hear Me." This is so vital and essential to a child of God. You have got to know that the Heavenly Father HEARS you EVERY TIME you pray. It is never hit or miss. It is never maybe or I think so. It a solid I KNOW THAT YOU ALWAYS HEAR ME. If we don't get that declaration down pat we have lost our reason for praying. God always does and He always will hear you when you pray.

#2--That statement stems from something that Jesus said in verse 41. He said "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me." Up until then, Jesus hadn't prayed anything to the Father. But, He was about to. This is a strong demonstration of the depth of the relationship He had with the Father. God had placed all of His power in the hands of His only begotten Son. Jesus could do with that power whatever He pleased. It was somewhat like a blank check that God has signed and handed over to His Son. Whatever the Son wanted to use it for, God would honor it. God knew His Son's heart and knew Jesus could be trusted. Jesus also know His Father's heart and He knew that Lazarus' resurrection would turn many hearts toward the Father.

Paul said in Philippians 4:6--NIV--Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Paul even declares that prayer with thanksgiving go hand in hand.

I hope you can catch what I am about to say. In Jer. 29:11 it says that God has a plan for us and that it is a plan to do us good. When some challenge comes our way that we have NO control over we need to understand that God might be guiding our circumstances to present us with a miracle. Examples: Joseph sold into slavery looked bad until it lifted him up to be second in command in Egypt and preserved Abraham's lineage. The three Hebrew children faced a fiery furnace and Daniel faced a lion's den so God could show their captors the God of the Hebrews was in control and not them.

So, when something happens that you have no control over, don't be anxious. Do like Jesus and give God praise that He's still in control and that God will hear your prayer. Then pray for the need and praise Him for the answer. He obviously brought you there and He is well able to get you out.

Pray with me:

Father, I don't always understand why You do the things You do. But, I accept Your Lordship and Your wisdom in guiding my life and the lives of my children. First of all, I'm going to give You praise that You are firmly in control. Then, I'm going to thank You for making a way out where there seems to be no way. I ask for the wisdom to understand Your ways concerning my life. Give me the unction of the Holy Ghost to make the right decisions at the right time and at the right place. I am going to praise you for victory in this situation. You certainly never said that I would fail. But, in every scripture that I know of, You promised a great deliverance.

So I praise You for that deliverance. And, like Jesus, I'm asking You to show up in our lives in a way that people would be able to see the glory of the Lord in our situation. Show your compassion and mercy in a way that would make them want to know more about You.

Help me to walk through this time with grace and love in my heart toward everyone I meet. Let the glory of the Lord be evident in all that I do. Give me an opportunity to share Your love through this time as well as after our deliverance. Let all things be done to Your glory, in Jesus' Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...