Thursday, October 22, 2015

Prayer from Ephesians 1:2

Ephesians 1:2--.....and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

What would we consider to be 'PEACE'? The kids not screaming and getting into trouble? Enough money to pay the bills without giving up something? Your spouse being the loving darling that he/she was before you got married? A better job? A better house?

It IS true that these things and a lot more could ease our nerves a little bit but would they bring long lasting peace? Actually, a deeper description of that emotion would more appropriately be simply to have nothing to worry about. What would it be like to have everything under control? Is that kind of peace really possible? Yes, I believe so. Hear me out.

It's obvious that Paul walked in a lot of peace. Even while he was going through some seriously adverse conditions, Paul remained steadfast and unshakable in his strong desire to spread the gospel. What gave him the "PEACE" to face almost overwhelming opposition and still have the powerful soul-shaking faith to reach the lost and plant churches?

I believe the answer is found in Col. 3:15. KJV--And let the peace of God rule in your hearts. He allowed the peace of God, or the God kind of peace to be the dominant emotion of his life along with a strong agape love.

Have you ever thought about the peace of God? What is the peace of God like? How can I get it if it is so good and powerful?

I'm not changing the subject, but let's look at a verse of scripture that Jesus taught in Luke 14. He brought up the point that a man doesn't start to build something unless he knows that he has enough money to buy everything he is going to need. It's a sermon all of us pastors have preached from time to time. It's entitled, 'Counting the Cost.'

My question is, if Jesus taught it, wouldn't He do the same thing? God promised Abraham that his children would be slaves in Egypt but that God would bring them out of slavery. God was at peace. He knew He had enough power to complete the task. He didn't worry about how big and bad old Pharaoh was. God was stronger. He didn't care how weak the Hebrews were. God was stronger. He really didn't care if all of the Hebrews believed that He would actually deliver them or not. Now listen carefully, all God did was care whether Abraham believed him or not some 500 years before. Abraham believed for 2 1/2 million people and God delivered them.

Nothing shakes God. He didn't care that Saul (later Paul) wanted to put Christians in jail and kill them. When it came time for Saul to get saved, God did whatever He had to do to bring him to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. He was not afraid of Paul and He certainly didn't worry if Paul would respond or not. He fully intended to confront Paul in a strong enough manner that would change Paul's life. God knew how much was needed to get the job done and He did it. I think He did a good job of saving Paul, don't you?

Like us, Paul was very, very, very familiar with God's dealings with his Hebrew forefathers. God put impossible looking tasks in front of His people all of the time. And, God would ALWAYS be true to His word. Like us, Paul knew the end of each story and realized that the children of Israel had no reason at all to be afraid. Therefore, when God began placing impossible tasks in front of Paul, Paul realized that there was no use for him to worry. God had already planned it out and would show up some way or another.

Let's look at Jeremiah 29:11. The NIV has a better translation. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
God is the consummate master planner. When He makes a promise, He has already thought out how to do it. He knows when to start and how to finish. He might take 5 minutes or 500 years. BUT, it WILL get done in HIS time and not one thing will stand in His way..........except the believer's doubt, worry and fear.

Paul looked at God's dealings with his forefathers and realized that it was useless for him to worry. He abandoned his thoughts of how God was going to do it and just praised Him for being true to His Word. In other words, when Paul faced each difficult situation he let God's peace rule his heart. If God brought him to it, then God had a way through it.

There was no need for Paul to worry. In Phil. 4:6 and 7, he encourage the church, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Saints, God has a perfect and fail-proof plan for every prayer that you pray. He knows what it takes to save your loved ones. He knows how to bring money your way. He knows how to heal the body He created. There is nothing too hard for Him. He even sees your needs before you do and has already figured out how He's going to take care of them. That takes all of the, "Yeah, but, what ifs" out of every need that we have.

Pray with me:

Father, I've worried and fretted over every one of my prayer requests. I have come to understand that You've got an unfailing plan for every prayer I pray. I'm going to trust You and I'm going to begin to let Your peace about these situations rule my heart.

Father, let me go a step further. As I let my faith in Your Love and Your Word soar I want to begin asking boldly. I'm asking for a soul-saving revival to sweep through Savannah, Ga (or your home town). I realize that I don't have to know exactly how You're going to bring it about. I'm just going to let Your peace rule in my heart and I'm going to praise You for it. I'm going to expect a greater move of Your Spirit in my life. As I asked a couple of days ago, lead me into Your perfect will for my life. Instead of being plagued by doubt, I'm going to start rejoicing for whatever it is that You are planning for me. I'm going to praise You and rejoice for a great move of God in my church that will spread out into the streets.

Father, guide me as I begin a stronger relationship with You by allowing Your peace to rule my heart. Show me how to let go of my doubts and begin placing my faith in the things that You are going to bring into my life. In Jesus Name, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...