Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Author and Finisher of Your Faith

Hebrews 12:2 tells us to keep our eyes on Jesus and not our circumstances.  It describes Him as the Author and the Finisher of our faith.

Number one:  If He is the author of our faith, then He allowed the junk that we are going through right now because He is 'writing' something new into our faith.

He will BEGIN this chapter and then hand the pen over to someone else to write into our lives, just like God allowed the high priests and Pilate to write into Jesus' life.

Number two:  As the finisher of our faith, there WILL come a day when He takes the pen out of our oppressors hands and writes the end of the chapter.  According to Jer. 29:11, God is planning on doing something good for me.  Therefore, I need to rejoice in everything because my challenged faith is anxiously awaiting the end of the chapter.

This has finally dawned on me while writing my books.  Due to time constraints, I sometimes have to leave a chapter before it is finished.  If you read only what was in the chapter at that point, it would be confusing to you.  I have in my mind how I want to finish the chapter as well as how I want to finish the book.  I now understand that the obnoxious that I am going through is not the end of the chapter and is certainly not the end of the book until Jer. 29:11 happens.

My faith looks to the Author until He takes the pen and Finishes what He started.  And that is to do me good.  Live strong today, saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...