Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Voice New Testament

I am sixty-four years old and have been a Christian since the age of twelve. I have served as pastor, worship leader, teacher, and evangelist. Needless to say, I have spent many hours engulfed in the Word of God. It has been my desire to come to know my Lord and Saviour more and more.


The other day, I downloaded a copy of The Voice New Testament from Thomas Nelson Publishers into my Adobe Reader. Immediately, I was impressed by the vibrant message this version contained. As I read Paul's writing in the book of Philippians, it was like I could hear Paul's heart clearer as he talked of His relationship with Jesus and the relationship of Jesus to the church. The instructions that he gave to the Philippian church were more meaningful. I could see that he was impressing upon them the need for knowing more about Him.

I guess the way they wrote my favorite scripture was what really impressed me the most. Phil. 3:10 (KJV) That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection. The Voice New Testament reads it like this, I want to know Him inside and out. I want to experience the power of His resurrection.


Reading The Voice New Testament has caused me to stop and think about His goodness more than I ever have before. There's just something about it that encourages my understanding of His love more than any translation I have read. I would wholeheartedly suggest you pick up a copy and read it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...