Sunday, February 12, 2012

Passages from The Voice New Testament

John 3:16--For God expressed His love for the world in this way:  He gave His only Son so that whoever believes in Him will not face everlasting destruction, but will have everlasting life. 

17--Here's the point.  God didn't send His Son into the world to judge it; instead, He is here to rescue a world headed toward certain destruction.


This version has challenged me to think about God's love and His plan for mankind in a much deeper way.  Therefore, it has challenged me to act on His calling in a stronger manner.

Check this out also.

John 14:1, 25-27--Don't get lost in despair; believe in God, and keep on believing in me.

I have spoken these words while I am here with you.  The Father is sending a Great Helper, the Holy Spirit, in my name to teach you everything and to reming you of all I have said to you.  My peace is the legacy I leave to you. I don't give gifts like those of this world.  Do not let your heart be troubled or fearful.

That's good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...