Saturday, December 31, 2011

Set Your Destination

     We have talked about God's Promises are God's Destinations for us.  We talked about God Set our Destinations in our future.  We talked about His ability to get us from point A to point be.  Now, we need to talk about us setting His destinations in our hearts and minds.

     First, you have to find a promise.  Let's take Phil 4:13-I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. It might not sound like it, but this is a God Destination.  Even though you might be weak, your faith might not be what it should be and especially if it just doesn't look like it.  God spoke this promise thru a child of his that lived it every day of his life.  Every where he went it never looked like Paul was going to have an easy time of it.  Yet, he held to the promise.  He firmly believed that if God gave him a job to do that God would give him the ability to do it.  If God allowed an obstacle to come in his path, he believed that God was the One who would do something about it. 
     Set the answer in front of you.  You might not be able to see it right now, but as you walk with God, He will give you the strength, ability, and knowledge you need AS you go through each day.  I can honestly say that I am stronger now than I was last week.  His presence is more vibrant within me than it was last month.  I have more hope today than I had last year.  Why?  I kept believing that I could do what God wanted me to do and I walk with Him daily.

     How about Phil 4:19-But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.   We have some pressing needs right now that I can't physically see how they can be met.  Just about everyone I know has pretty much the same problem.  Times are tough for everyone.  However, God is not just God of the good times, He is still God in the bad times.  God has set the blessing in our future, the same way He set the resurrection power in Jesus' future.  Jesus was able to walk through some mighty rough times in His ministry because He knew His Father had a specific time set aside for His miracle. 
     Do I know specifically WHAT God is going to do?  No, but I'm not the one who gave the promise.  I'm responsible for believing.  God is the one responsible for answering.  And He is faithful my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...