Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vote for God and His Word

     Matthew 6:10--Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.   When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, this was the second phrase of what we know as 'The Lord's Prayer.'  This seems to indicate to me the importance of inviting God to take a leading role in our lives.  As I rise each morning and begin to pray, there are times when this becomes the center point of my prayer.  All through the day as the opportunity arises, this phrase comes up through my spirit as I breathe a prayer to Him.  It is altogether important that we all turn the reins of our lives over to the Almighty God.  There are situations that come up that I have no control over, but I want to give Him that control.  There are things that happen to me that I do not understand nor do I understand why.  In those times, I just take a moment to tell myself as much as I say it to God, "You're in control, Father.  I don't understand what You're doing.  None of what I'm going through makes sense.  If I was God, I would have never brought me into a situation like this.  However, You are God and I trust You are bringing me into what You know to be the best thing for me.  So, Father, bring it on.  Bring on Your will."

     We have a presidential election coming up soon.  I trust you are with me when I say that it is altogether so very, very important to pray this particular phrase over the events leading up to this election.  Out of all the candidates, out of all of their qualifications, out of all of their speeches and promises there is nothing as important as having the will of God done for this nation.  However, if we, God's people do not take the time to 'vote' for Him as the Lord of lord and King of kings, this election or any election or event could wind up being disastrous.  My daily prayer for this nation is, "God have Your way.  Let Your kingdom come in the United States.  Bring to the forefront the person You want and that we need to be the president.  On the authority of Mat. 16:19 and Mat. 18:18, I bind satan's influence in this election and I loose God's choice from every hindrance."

     As we all know, campaign speeches can be filled with more rhetoric than anything else.  That's a sweet way of saying that they are vomiting out a pack of lies.  So, as I pray, I refer back to what Joshua told some of the children of Israel as they began to enter the promised land.  In Numbers 32:23--But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.  Therefore, for the past several years a constant phrase that comes up in my prayers  is, "God, let their sins find them out."  We have seen that God, indeed, is honoring His Word.  Several 'hidden' things have come to light in the past couple of years that have led to the downfall of many. 

     Let me urge you to put those phrases into your daily prayer.  If you are not in the habit of daily prayer, then get into it.  God's will needs to be done in America.  We NEED Him to get involved in our political process.  We need His will to be done.  We need His man/woman to be loosed to come to the forefront.  We need every evil influence bound over this process.  We need the lies to be exposed.  Therefore, vote for God and His Word.

     Re-elect Obama?  Vote for Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Mitt Romney or one of the others?  I do not listen to the news much and I refuse to listen to the debates.  I personally have not made up my mind who I will vote for on election day next year.  But I do know that today I will vote for God and His Word.  I will pray, "Let Your kingdom come and let Your will be done, not only today but all the way to the Rapture.  Do what you need to do, God.  Start anything that needs to be started and stop whatever needs to stop.  You alone are the Almighty God and to you alone do we commit this nation and our lives.  In Jesus Name, Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I am with you! I'll share this post, we all need to be together on this!!

    ReplyDelete

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...