Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Unbridled Revival Part 2

As I said in Part 1, I have been praying for an unbridled revival for several months. At the end of December, when I awoke one morning, God spoke to me that unbridled revival comes from unbridled love. That has set me on a path in my prayer life and meditations that is steadily changing me. The other day, God dropped this statement into my spirit. "If you are not experiencing a life-changing unbridled revival, the first life that needs to change is yours." How true, my friends. I'm not waiting for a church, pastor, or an evangelist to bring revival my way. I'm going to worry about bringing Henry into a life-changing unbridled revival and carry it around with me 24/7.
In Part 1, I talked about walking in unbridled love. The first challenge God put before me was to take the bridle off of my love. That meant to get rid of all anger, hurt and unforgiveness. That meant I needed to learn how to love the people that have hurt and offended me. As you know, it's a tall order to walk in agape love. However, it does become easier the deeper you fall in love with Jesus. Here's some steps to help the process.
Think way back to your first real love. For most of us, it was when we were teens in high school. Think about the process. Here you go ditty-bopping down the hallway in between classes, when this cute girl smiles and waves at you. (I'll talk from the male perspective, of course.) This happens several times. It dawns on you that it is not just a smile and just a wave. There is something "extra' to it. You begin to wonder if she has a "crush" on you. Now, remember, remember, remember, remember. You had never really thought about this girl before. Your mind was on a multitude of other things.
But, now, your whole thought process changes forever. You can't get her out of your mind. Although you go through the same lifestyle, doing the same things as before, your thought pattern changes drastically. Your thoughts turn to her. You don't think about how bad things could be. You don't think about how sad things could be. You don't think about how your whole world is about to come crashing in. On the contrary. You begin thinking of how sweet it might be to have fellowship with her. You think about how happy the two of you could be together. You don't think of arguing. You don't think of fighting and cussing each other. You think about how much fun it would be if you spent more time together. You begin to think of how sweet it would be to hold her hand. Listen and think back for a moment. You begin to think about how much joy, peace and happiness she could bring into your life. Then you begin to think of all the things that you want to do for her to bring joy into her life.
When we begin to think these same thought patterns about Jesus, our lives will change forever. Up to this point, just like I used to do, my thought pattern kept turning to how much I have been hurt by others and what I would like to say to get them back. But, this monkey has taken his hand out of that jar. (See Part 1 for this explaination.) 2 Cor 10:5-Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; Boy! Paul was trying to tell us something there. A life-changing unbridled revival revival starts with life-changing unbridled love....the unbridled love of Jesus. Listen to me. Not only for the lost, but for us. If we are not desperately in love with Jesus and don't know way down in our heart of hearts that He is desperately in love with US then revival will never come. John the beloved said it like this--1 John 4:16--And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. How can we know of His love for us? We do that by thinking or meditating on Him and His love. In the natural, that is what brought us together with our spouses. Our thought patterns.
Bring your thoughts into captivity. Instead of thinking of how hurt we are and any other thoughts that stir anger. Think about His love and begin declaring to Him, "I love you, Lord."
Stay tuned for Part 3. It will bless you even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...