Thursday, April 2, 2009

What is the value that I put on my time with Jesus?

This morning I was reading in Mark 14 about the time that Jesus went to eat with one of the Pharisees. It seems that during this meal, a woman came in and anointed His head with oil. In Luke 7, this woman is described as a sinner. Mark's gospel declared that the ointment that was in the bottle was worth 300 pence. A penny was worth a day's wage. If you consider that a day's wage was, just for round numbers' sake, $100. That would put the value of the ointment at $30,000. Jesus said that where ever the gospel would be preached, what this woman did would be spoken of. She valued Jesus and her small amount of time with Him at $30,000. Again, Jesus honored what she did above the lavish dinner that the Pharisee gave him. The question I had to answer as you do, dear reader is, what is the value that I put on my time with Jesus? Is it some small 50 cent jesture or do I value my time with Him as I should?

Let's also consider this. In Psalm 23, David says, He anointeth my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Meditate for a while on the value that Jesus puts on His time with us.

Blessings are on us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...