Saturday, September 3, 2011

God's Word, The Final Authority in Any Situation

Genesis 1:1 starts off by saying, "In the beginning God created." It goes on to declare that by His spoken Word only, the entire solar system and everything on the earth came into being. According to verse 2, "And everything was without form and void." God started with nothing but His Word. That was all He needed. Whatever came out of the mouth of God was a creative word. All of His power and all of His heart was behind every word that came out of His mouth. In Isaiah 55:11 God says, "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Notice three things.
First: Every word that came out of God's mouth will not return to Him void. A simple example of that is when we tell our children, "Go and get me my Bible, son, I want to read you a story out of it." Your full intention was for your child to bring you your Bible so you could read to him. If you are persistent in training your children, you fully expect him to walk over to where ever your Bible is, pick it up and bring it to you. That is a simple example of your word not returning void. When God spoke a word He intended for His Word to come to pass just like He said it. You didn't ask your child to bring you anything else and, being a good father or mother, you will watch over him to see that he does what you ask. In Jeremiah 1:12, God promises, "I will hasten my word to perform it." So many times, we feel that God has forgotten His Word or that it was just a bunch of sweet sounding phrases. Absolutely not, God has no intention of letting anything He said fall to the ground useless. He stands over His Word, fully intending for what He said to come to pass. He never fails. We are the ones who fail to put faith in His word and expect it to come to pass. God always expects His Word to come to pass, but when we doubt His Word, His hands are tied.
Second: Every word (a) shall accomplish. In the Hebrew, that word also means to fashion or produce. Sometimes we throw our faith in God's Word in the trash because it doesn't change things immediately. Give God some time to fashion or produce His Word. Those that go to doctors do not whimper when the doctor says that it might take the medicine a couple of months to take full effect. However, when God doesn't do something immediately, they run off, pout and say that God is not real. On the contrary, God's Word is the real deal, here. Abram and Sarai praised God and waited for 25 years before God produced the answer. Jeremiah 1:12. God never fails.
Every word (b) accomplishes what God pleases. It's not what somebody thinks about you, it's what God said. It's not what you hear in the news, it's what God said and it's what pleases Him. I double-dog dare you to search the scriptures and find where God is constantly telling His people, "I want you to fail. I want you to be sick. I want you to hurt the rest of your lives. I'm going on a vacation so don't bother me for 50 years." It's just not there. But what is there is the promise in Phil 4:19 that all of our needs will be met according to His riches in glory. That just doesn't sound like He wants us to be sick, mutilated or destroyed. Find His promises in His Word and meditate on His goodness. Then get up and shout for a while!!!!!!!
Third: Every word shall prosper in the thing whereto I SENT it. Glory to God!! Can we hear the emphasis of God's heart. He didn't just speak His Word, HE SENT HIS WORD!! If I sent my child to the store to get me some Cookies 'n Cream ice cream because that's what I wanted, I would not be in a very good mood if he failed to return or failed to bring me some Cookies 'n Cream ice cream. God SENT His Word of salvation. God SENT His Word of healing. God SENT His Word of prosperity. He didn't send His Word to fail. He didn't send His Word to stumble. He didn't intend His Word to stop until whatever it pleased Him was accomplished.
Dear, dear, dear reader. Get in the Word of God and dig up those 'pearls of great price' that are found in it. Stand in faith that what God fully intended to come to pass is a definite part of your future. Then kick your shoes off, get out of those starchy, religious habits and shout until the answer comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Were Created for this Battle

Eph. 6:12--For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against powers, against the world forces of this darkness, a...